Week 3 Schedule, Updates, and Things You Need to Know

badge50Hello, Summer Schoolers! Week 2 is behind us! Ready for Week 3 of Kidlit Summer School 2014? Excited? Inspired? We are!

Once again we want to start you off on good footing and give you a preview of what is to come, in terms of guest bloggers, AND other great Summer School Events like our #30mdares and upcoming Webinars. Here we go!

Class Schedule for Week 3

SS week 3 sched

Webinars: All Webinars are Scheduled for 9:00 pm EST

You must be registered for Kidlit Summer School to participate in the webinars. If you haven’t registered for summer school, and still want to, click on REGISTRATION in the navigation bar above (under the big eraser). As before, if you cannot attend the Webinars live, there will be recordings made available to registered students of Summer School. Yet another reason to make sure your registration is current!

Monday, August 4th

Our next Webinar will be on August 4! There is a special post all about this webinar. Click HERE to see the participating faculty, and leave a comment ON THAT POST to ask questions. If you haven’t registered for the Webinar, click HERE to fill out the three-blank form.

The August 11 webinar is the extra webinar we promised for pre-registered students.  Agent Susan Hawk of The Bent Agency will be our special guest and she will be giving feedback on the participants pitches. You will have a chance to enter your 50 word pitch when you register. We will go through as many pitches as we have time for! If you are a Kidlit Summer School student who pre-registered, check your email for the instructions on how to register for this webinar. (You do not have to submit a pitch in order to watch the webinar.)

The August 13 webinar is for everyone and our special guest will be editor Amy Cloud of Aladdin/Simon and Schuster. Amy will be giving feedback on first pages. We are so excited about our special guests and we hope you are too! Instructions for how to submit first pages will be given later this week, but you can go ahead and register for this webinar now by clicking HERE.

The Facebook Group

A quick reminder: some of you are still trying to get into the Facebook group (and why wouldn’t you? We’re having so much fun there!). If you have registered for Kidlit Summer School, have asked to be added to the FB group, and did not get added within a few hours, it may be because your FB name did not match up with your registration name. Please send us an email at nerdychickswrite(at)gmail(dot)com with the subject line FB group and include the email address you used to register for Summer School. We’ll get it sorted out!

#30mdare – Two guests author hosts for the #30mdare this week!

Thank you Christina Farley and Rachael Allen for hosting this week’s #30mdares. Rachael will host the dare on Sunday at 3:00 pm EST. Christina will host the Thursday 9:00 pm EST dare. These authors participated with Rebecca Petruck in the original #30mdare crew! You can read more about them HERE. Follow Rachael and Christina on Twitter: @rachael_allen and @ChristinaFarley

A fuller explanation of the #30mdare events can be found in LAST SUNDAY’S POST.

Late Registration is Still Open

Even though pre-registration and regular registration have both closed, you can still take part in Kidlit Summer School. You can still sign up and get access to our password-protected writing exercises, to our Summer School webinars and recordings, and to the Facebook group, and you are still eligible to win any of the comment-related book giveaways on the daily blog posts. If you still need to register, please click HERE.
Announcement: Some of you have been asking how long the exercise book and the webinars will be available. These will remain up until August 31, 2014. We will take them down at that point, but the blog itself will remain active so that you can continue to use the awesome content developed by our fabulous faculty. The Facebook page will also still remain active.

Well, that’s a pretty full week! But we can already tell it’s gonna be a good one! Happy Sunday everyone!

21 comments on “Week 3 Schedule, Updates, and Things You Need to Know

1. jodimckay says:

Thanks to everyone for making week 2 so great. I never knew learning could be so fun!!

2. I thought I was pre-registered, but I haven’t received a note about the webinar with Susan Bent. Has it been sent yet?

3. kateywrites says:

Thanks for the amazing organization and content. I’ll be vacationing with family during week 3 – but will be trying my best to get to all the content and events.

4. Christy Mihaly says:

Thank you, thank you, summer school is awesome.

5. Laura Rackham says:

I really appreciate the user friendliness of this group. Thanks for keeping us so organized.

6. I can’t wait for this afternoons Twitterchat! I got a new story out of one of the prompts. They other two have taken my MCs in a whole different direction than I had planned. See you this afternoon!

7. Nona Maher says:

Like some others, I am registered and receive the blog posts, but have not gotten a password for the Exercise Books and any other password protected parts of Nerdy Chicks Write. Please advise!

8. Thank you for another great week!

9. katiegast says:

Thanks for the schedule. I will be traveling starting on the10’th, so will have to watch the webinars after the fact. Thanks for keeping them up til the end of the month.

10. Debbie says:

Thanks for this.

11. Another great line up! As an educator, my Summer School students weren’t always excited about being in attendance. As the days, went by, all of the SS children were excited, happy, learning and growing. Those same feelings of excitement and so forth, were in place for me on the first day of Nerdy Chicks Rule Summer School. Those same feelings continue as week three begins. Thank you. ~Suzy Leopold

12. Wow! I am so grateful for this opportunity. I hope no one wakes me if this is a dream. Thank you so much.

13. I’m not sure about anyone else, but I’m loving my summer school! Thanks, Sudpita, and the rest of the faculty for all your hard work!

14. Thanks , looking forward to another week of summer school!

15. Andrea Brame says:

Summer School has truly been the highlight of my summer. Each week just keeps getting better!

16. Yunita says:

Thank you. This summer school is awesome. I love learning from the great tutors!

17. Brook Gideon says:

If we are unable to attend a webinar, do we still need ot register for it to watch the archived version?

18. Great week of learning! 🙂 Going to give the #30mdares a try this week if I can figure it out! Still working out my Twitter-newbie kinks!

19. Thank you so much, Sudipta and Kami for providing us all with your KidLit Summer School. An excellent idea with loads of great contributors. Love it!